Location: Ottawa, Ontario – Category: Full-time Permanent
Job Number: WG18-001
WelchGroup Consulting is a corporate finance and business advisory firm and an affiliate of Welch LLP.
We specialize in selling and buying businesses, management buyouts, family successions and business advisory. We carefully guide business owners through each step of the process no matter what type of transition is on the table.
In addition, we offer a Contract CFO & Controllership service that delivers top-notch financial guidance for businesses’ day-to-day operations and excellent bench strength at the management level.
WelchGroup is currently looking for a Junior Associate, Mergers and Acquisitions, to assist in working on transactions which provide exposure to various investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements of debt and equity, refinancing and leveraged buyouts. The Junior Associate, Mergers and Acquisitions, supports new business development and investment banking engagements. This is a unique opportunity to work across a variety of industries, clients and experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing deal flow
- Prepares confidential information memorandum (CIM), management presentations, marketing pitches, and other presentations as required
- Prepares, analyzes and creates financial models in order to provide analytical commentary on historical and projected financial information
- Performs valuation of companies
- Co-ordinates and performs business due diligence
- Prepares and delivers proposals to corporate clients
- Assists in business development efforts
- Conducts industry research and analysis to assist in the identification and/or analysis of potential or actual business opportunities
- Builds strong client relationships, maintaining direct contact with clients, prospective clients, and professional advisors
WelchGroup is looking for highly motivated individuals with strong analytical and communication skills, a commitment to excellence, and a proven track record in the following areas:
Education & Experience:
- Worked in a professional services environment, such as investment banking, private equity, banking, venture capital, consulting, or accounting
- Bachelor degree
- Demonstrated job commitment, as well as personal flexibility and adaptability required to meet client needs
- CPA, CFA, MBA or CBV designation would be an asset but not required
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of economics
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financial modelling
- Strong understanding of valuation concepts
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Curious mind
- Solid business acumen and management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently in a demanding, fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to grasp and use new concepts quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Oral and written communication skills in French would be an asset
After passing Welch`s initial screening, candidates will undergo a case interview. This is designed to evaluate how the candidate processes information, solves problems, and reacts to new scenarios. In addition, we will assess the candidates’ technical capabilities.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word or PDF referencing: WG18-001 in the subject line to:
WelchGroup Consulting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.